1. i received news that the recipient of these little green shoes has made her way into the world! if only i could travel to portland and put them on her little feet myself.
2. i spent the morning at the ccda conference and treated myself to the 50% off discount at the intervarsity press table. 50%! scored: Our Father’s World: Mobilizing the Church to Care for Creation by edward r. brown, The Dangerous Act of Worship: Living God’s Call to Justice by mark labberton, and Culture Making: Recovering Our Creative Calling by andy crouch.
3. i popped dinner into the oven before leaving the house for a bit. when i came home…oh my. i think they need a candle called “close-roasted pork with ancho, cinnamon and cocoa.”
4. to celebrate friends visiting and to accompany the above recipe i decided to support belgian brewing in america. i chose the ommegang rare vos and was not disappointed.
5. as i opened a bag of salad i rejoiced that perhaps i won’t have to say “bag of salad” in a few more weeks. our redland organics csa starts soon. but not soon enough.